12.29.2012

review // 100% Pure Cosmetics - Part 2


This week has been kind to me.  With so many days off, I have finally been able to catch up on the laundry, cleaning and organizing that got away from me during the rush before Christmas.  I have also had time to finish the second installment of my 100% Pure review...if you missed it, you can read read Part 1 here
 
Part 2 and 3 of the review will cover the second bunch of products I purchased from them...a month or so after the first order..making it a couple of months ago.  Actually, the reason that I ordered was due to the fact that they were having a customer appreciation special.  If I remember correctly, when you spent $35 or more, you would receive a free gift...which was actually more like 7 free gifts.  Win.

After perusing the website a bit (honestly it was probably more like an hour), I decided I really wanted to try their Hydrating Body Wash and the Softest Hands Kit... which happened to total just over $35.  :)


I chose the PINK GRAPEFRUIT HYDRATING BODY WASH since it sounded bright and invigorating... perfect for a morning shower.  Again, just as with the other 100% Pure products I have tried, the body wash is also all natural.  There are no harsh detergents, synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances or any other toxins that can strip, irritate or dehydrate skin.  Since it doesn't contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (inexpensive foaming agents created through chemical processes) or any other forms of the two, keep in mind that it won't suds up like a regular body wash.  These chemicals are known irritants to people with skin sensitivities... i.e. me, so I try and avoid them whenever possible, along with these other chemicals.  

Anyhow, back to the review.  It comes out as a foam, which makes it very light on the skin. I dispense 8-10 pumps on a damp loofah poof and work it in.  Usually, this is enough to cover my whole body, as long as I keep it out of the shower stream.  It seems like a lot of product to use, but I've been using it regularly for about two months and I am only 1/4 through it.  It smells fantastic, just like cutting open a ripe grapefruit.  I feel clean afterward, but not squeaky, just refreshed.  Since I have pretty dry skin, it's not really moisturizing enough, so I do have to put lotion on after my showers, but it definitely doesn't dry out my skin any further.  It sort of neutralizes it.  At $15, it is a bit pricier than other body washes, but for me it is worth it for something all natural.  I think next time I may try the Eucalyptus or Meyer Lemon.

The SOFTEST HANDS KIT is a great way to try out several scents from their body care line.  The kit comes with 2 oz versions of the following hand creams:

• Virgin Coconut • French Lavender • Honey Almond • Vanilla Bean •

By far, the Coconut is my FAVORITE. It smells like a tropical paradise. I like to keep this one in my purse when I need some extra moisture on the go.  My second favorite is the French Lavender, which really smells like fields of the stuff.  I like to apply this one before bed, it's very soothing and helps relax me off to sleep.  I'll be honest I'm not too crazy about the Vanilla Bean...it smells more like vanilla cupcake than true vanilla.  It's a little too sweet smelling for my liking, but I use it one my legs after I shower sometimes.  That way I get the benefits, but can't really smell it.  And finally, the Honey Almond... well, I have only used it once and can tell you that was one time too many.  It smells exactly like Amaretto, of which I have never been a fan. But if you like this flavoring, you will most likely enjoy this hand cream as well.  As for me, I'll be giving it away.  


Overall, the handcreams have a rich and creamy consistency and they soak into the skin pretty well.  There is a slight hint left on your hands after application but it finishes soaking in after a few minutes. I feel like they really do help heal and restore the health of my skin, especially when I apply before sleeping, and the fragrances lasts for several hours (I wonder if the body creams would last longer?).  Since this was a kit, each 2 oz tube was about $5.50. Apparently these are the only hand creams they offer, so next time I think I will go with the 8 oz Body Creams in Coconut or the Cocoa Kona CoffeeThese are $15 each.. but at least I would use the whole thing.. unfortunately, not quite so with the Softest Hands Kit.

 If you've enjoyed the first two reviews, here is the third and final (and most awesome b/c it was all free!) part to my 100% Pure Reviews.

Thanks for reading and if you've tried any of these products yourself, please feel free to let us know what your experience was!


 

I was not, in any way, paid for this review, by 100% Pure or any other affiliate. 
I purchased every product myself and decided to share to help others find a bit of direction in their own natural beauty journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment