1.07.2013

review // 100% Pure Cosmetics - Part 3



Sooo, I would have posted the last part of this series a few days ago, but I've been spending my time in the early 20th Century, via the Downton Abbey series.  I finished the first season on Netflix in about 4 days and am now on to Season 2 on Hulu.  I don't know what it is about shows from past time periods, but I always find myself drawn to them... Maybe it's the witty dialogue, or the wonderful clothing, or the British accents, or the way that history is taught through personal (although mostly fictional) stories.  Really, I think it's just fascinating.  Check it out, maybe you will too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, back to the real topic for this post. :)  

The final items I'll be reviewing from 100% Pure are the items I received FREE (from a customer appreciation special they were having) with my purchases from Part 2.  And they all came in this cute canvas drawstring bag!  

If you missed it, you can check out Part 1 here, and remember all of these products are colored with antioxidant and vitamin rich fruit pigments instead of synthetic dyes or minerals.




I guess we'll start with the FRUIT PIGMENTED EYE SHADOW.
 

 In this set, I received the COCOA PLUM color and the VANILLA SUGAR color.  These powder shadows have a smooth velvety feel and are definitely layerable on the lid.  

The Cocoa Plum is a rich coppery purple color with a bit of shimmer.  I use it mostly as an accent over eyeliner or lightly, as a contour color on the outer half of my eyelids from the lash line to the crease. The Vanilla Sugar is a shimmery champagne color.  On the website it looks more pink but in actuality it is pretty neutral.  This color is very close to my skin tone, so it offers a nice neutral eye look.  To do that, I usually apply all over the lid.  For a more 'done' look, I'll use it on the inner part of the eye and lightly blend with the Cocoa Plum in the crease, then add a bit more VS up to the brow.  

I recommend layering over eye primer for more staying power.  Otherwise, I find it creases and fades during the day. I assume it is because they do not contain any chemicals the help it "stick" to the lid... but that's just my opinion.  :)


 Next, is the FRUIT PIGMENTED POT ROUGE BLUSH & SATIN EYE SHADOW.

I received the POT ROUGE in BLUSH & BALLERINA and the SATIN EYE SHADOW in FIJI.  I wouldn't really call these creamy since they are a solid, but they sort of have a cream-to-powder finish.  They do have a velvety feel and are very blendable onto the skin.  

I love Fiji.  It's a shimmery walnut brown color, perfect for use in a warm smokey eye look...just add eyeliner and blend!  I actually use the Ballerina as an eyeshadow, even though it's a blush pot.  It's a soft, shimmery, pink nude color that gives my lids a nice warm glow.  If you use it as a blush I'd sure it'd do the same. Honestly, I haven't really used the BLUSH color... I'm slightly blush-a-phobic (more of a bronzer girl) and this one scares me a little.  I will definitely have to make that something to play with in 2013.  It has the same consistency as the other two, but it is has no shimmer. 

I have found that these have more staying power than the powder shadows, but layering over eye primer will definitely make them last longer. 


Next is the FRUIT PIGMENTED BLUSH.


I received the blush in STRAWBERRY.  It comes in a beautiful pink tin and there's even a mirror inside. I might actually like the packaging more than the product!  Okay, I'm being over dramatic...but it is very nice.  And the blush is actually pretty good too.  Like I mentioned before, I'm not big on blush, but when I use this it gives a very soft flush on my cheeks and it blends nicely.  It's so light, in fact, that I couldn't even capture it in a picture for you to see.  Because of this, it doesn't scare me as much.  It's also matte, which I prefer in a blush/bronzer.  

The strawberry is a pinky mauve color, which is okay, but I had been able to choose I think I would have liked to try the CHIFFON color...still light but more pink, less mauve.


Last, for today, is the FRUIT PIGMENTED LIP GLOSS.


I received the PINK BERRY, which is a berry mauve color.  It's very flattering on me, and would be, I think, for many skin tones.  This is probably my favorite item from the bunch (as you can see from the almost rubbed off writing on the tube).

It's pigmented like a lip stick, but glides on and feels like a gloss.  It has a rich texture, but is not sticky or tacky.  It's made with 83% Vitamin E from organic rice bran, so it's very moisturizing.  I actually think my lips feel healthier after wearing it.   It is a click up tube with a brush end applicator.  I think this works well enough, but I'd be interested to see how long it lasts and how much product is left in the tube when it's done, if any. I'll have to update once I find out.  There are also a lot of colors to choose from, I think I'd like to try SUGAR PLUM SHEER or PINK GRAPEFRUIT.


Overall, I really like all of these, and I actually use them in my make up regime most days.  Their individual prices are a bit higher than I'd normally pay for regular cosmetics, but again, I feel it's worth it to get a natural product without all of the chemicals, etc.  Plus, I was really impressed with the packaging of these little buggers... frosted glass, metal and BPA & phthalate free plastic... shows they put a little more thought and effort into production.  Buying these items in sets and ordering while they have a free gift special will save you some money, so look out for those.  If you sign up for their emails, like I did, you can find out when they have these specials going on.

Well, I hope this series has been informative...and fun!  And if you have sensitivities to cosmetics, as I do, hopefully this has given you something new to try that will make rashes and break-outs a thing of the past!  If I didn't touch on something that you have a question about, please feel free to email me or write a comment below.  I am more than happy to share more!  I know this was a long post, so thanks reading.  :)





I was not, in any way, paid for this review, by 100% Pure or any other affiliate. 
I purchased every product myself and decided to share to help others find a bit of direction in their own natural beauty journey.

5 comments:

  1. I just placed my first order with 100% Pure on your recommendation. Can't wait for the shipment to come in!!
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome, Sharon!! I hope you LOVE them as much as I do. :)

      <3 Katie

      Delete
  2. I just came across you blog and I have recently tried the 100% pure line as well (in my search to use completely paraben free and natural cosmetics) I purchased the foundation, powder, and powdered blush. and I love them all so far. Cant wait to try more of the line! :)
    Megan (also from FL :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Megan (and fellow Floridian)! That's awesome...they are great, aren't they? :) How do you like the powder? And definitely let me know if you try anything else, I'd love to hear!

      <3 Katie

      Delete
  3. Very interesting blog, looking forward to more wonderful! Cheap MAC Makeup

    ReplyDelete