12.14.2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...except for the weather.

 I mean, I know that it's Florida, but come on...just a bit of chilliness would be nice.  

Actually, today has been unseasonably cool and I am taking advantage of it!  I wore my second sweater for the season, as are the pups, and we are just hanging out, doing all things CHRISTMAS.

I know Phoenix looks annoyed, but I promise, he loves his sweater!

Our Christmas tree is up, lit, fully decked out and finished off with the keepsake star my mom just gave me (looks so great, thx mom!).  Aren't the jewel toned ornaments cute?  I got them here. We only have one present so far, but no worries, there are more to come!




I have about four Christmas flavored candles lit and scattered around the apartment.  It seems excessive, but I really believe that every room should get to smell fantastic.




I am also wrapping presents, sipping hot tea and listening to some lively Christmas tunes.  Then it's on to some holiday gift DIYing that I can't tell you about quite yet...since it would ruin the surprise!  I promise to post all of the loveliness after the holidays though. 

Speaking of DIY, these are the pup stockings that I made last Christmas...aren't they adorable!?  I made them out of old fabric samples from work.  Perfect for a bone or squeaker toy...



Well, I have a lot more Christmas-ing to get done, so I will leave you with our family Christmas picture and wish you & yours a very merry holiday season!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, Katie! My bird necklace holder is from ModCloth circa 2009, but they have had some cute ones recently too. :)

    p.s. I'm definitely making that garlic parmesan edamame this week. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Sierra! And thank you for your reply. ModCloth...I should have known. ;)

      The edamame IS delicious. Get ready to eat the entire batch... And FYI, I have found that letting them cool after taking them out of the oven, before dumping into a bowl, helps them to crisp a bit more (I def need to add this to the post). Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete