1.24.2013

recipe // Easy Fudgy PB & Chocolate No-Bake Cookies



  The No-Bake has always been a dessert/snack fav for Brian and I, and over the years I've made many small manipulations to make it just how we like it...dark and fudgy.  Don't get me wrong, the original is good, but, in my opinion, this version really amps up the delicious factor.  

Every time I share with friends and family I get asked for my recipe, so I decided to go ahead and share for everyone to try.  Oh, and just a warning...you may be tempted to eat the whole batch before they're even cool...so watch out! :)

What you will need:

1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp. butter  UPDATE: We use organic unrefined coconut oil in place of butter now (3Tbsp.)
1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
4 Tbsp. special dark cocoa powder (you can use regular if you prefer)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (we like Skippy Natural)
1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

What to do:


In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. 



Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring consistently and cook for exactly 1 1/2 minutes. The timing is really important here... If you boil too long the cookies will be dry and crumbly. If you don't boil long enough, the cookies won't form properly. I suggest setting a timer for the exact 1:30.


 
 Remove from heat when the time is up, and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.



When the cocoa mixture and the PB are completely combined, add the oats, 1/4 cup at a time.  We like a fudgier consistency, so I usually stop at 1 1/2 cups, but if you like a firmer cookie, feel free to add another quarter cup of oats. 



Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool until hardened... if you can wait that long!

If you have any leftovers, these babies will last 3-5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment