6.19.2014

Empties #1 - PART 2

If you missed PART 1, check it out here.  Now on to PART 2!


BODY


12. 100% Pure Hydrating Body Wash - $16 for 17 oz. - I got this body wash a while back and reviewed it here.  My opinion hasn't really changed since then, I still really like it.  It cleaned without stripping my skin and smelled delicious, all while being completely natural.  I actually purchased another after finishing this up, but I got Cocoa Kona Coffee to try.  PREVIEW:  It smells amazing!  :)  Even Brian likes it.
13. 100% Pure French Lavender Hand Buttercream - $8 for 2 oz (or $5.50 ea. in the set) - This was another item I reviewed here.  And again, I still love it.  It was actually the first of the hand creams I used up since I kept it on my nightstand and applied it almost every night before bed.  I may repurchase just this scent in the larger body lotion for the same purpose.  It's so soothing!
14. Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Tropical Mango - $7.49 for 18 oz. - This is my favorite body scrub (to buy).  It works really well, without being too rough on sensitive skin and the Mango smells great.  It's also a great value.  I would definitely repurchase, except that I'm loving to make my homemade scrubs instead right now.  If you're interested in making your own, feel free to check out my recipes here!
15. SheaMoisture Olive & Green Tea Body Lotion - $8.99 for 13 oz. - This is my current favorite body lotion.  Period.  It has a nice light scent and it's super moisturizing without feeling greasy at all.  I've already started a new one.  My only qualm is that it's a bit too thick to come out of the pop top that comes on it, so I replaced it with a pump.  It still takes some work to get it out, but it's worth it to me.  I will probably do a better review on it and the coordinating body wash very soon.
16. Avalon Organics LEMON Hand & Body Lotion - $12 for 12 oz. - This lotion was nice too, but I'm not sure if it's repurchase worthy to me.  Even thought it's a natural product and the lemon scent is really nice, that's really the only outstanding part of this lotion.  I definitely like the SheaMoisture one better.


HAIR


17. Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo - $3.94 for 5 oz. - This is definitely not a natural product, but I used it up quite a while ago and figured I'd include it.  It works okay, but it puts out a lot of fumes and the smell is super strong.  For these reasons, I would not purchase again.
18. Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade & Organic Lavender Coconut Hair Crème - $7.99 for 6 oz. - This is supposed to be a leave in conditioner/styling product.  It is all natural and I love that, but this did not work for me.  It didn't matter how little I used, my hair always ended up slightly greasy and stringy.  BUT I ended up using the rest of it as a shaving creme and it worked great!
19.Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo - $20 for 8.5 oz. - I did a whole review on this line here.  I ended up buying the full sizes of all three products, but I finished the shampoo first since I use it more.  I still really like this line and feel that it does what it says.  Unfortunately, it is pretty expensive, so as you may know, I've been trying some other natural shampoo/conditioner options.  It is a great product though.


HOME


20. Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - $12 for 15 oz. -  We use coconut oil a lot in our house... and this one is not refined, deodorized or bleached, it's also made without pesticides, GMO's, or hexane.  If you use coconut oil you want to make sure yours has these qualities as well, so that you get all the benefits from it.  Right now, we have a huge tub from Costco, but it's just a good as this one.  We <3 coconut oil!
21. The Honest Co. Dryer Cloths - $6.95 for 32 cloths - I really liked these dryer cloths, esp since they don't have any nasty chemicals.  They say that the cloths can be used twice, but I find that only works if your load is cotton items only.  If there's too many synthetic fabrics they won't eliminate the static the second time around.  I honestly don't mind that though.  I'll take static over the chemicals any day.  I do have one more package to go through and then I think I'll look into making some homemade dryer sheets.
22. The Honest Co. Laundry Detergent - $12.95 for 70 oz. - We have really been enjoying this detergent.  It doesn't last quite as long as some of the commercial brands, but at least I know that it's safe and won't irritate my skin.  It seems to keep our whites white and does a good job of getting any stains out, so I'd say it's a winner for now.  Sometimes, I do like to combine it with the oxygen pods to get a deeper clean, which works really well for towels and the dogs blankets. I may try a homemade recipe soon, but I'd definitely buy this again.


Well that wraps up this Empties post.  Hopefully you were able to get something out of this sampling of products, and please let me know if you'd like a more in-depth review on anything you've seen here.  Like I mentioned in Part 1, I'll try to do this quarterly...or most likely, whenever I have a box full of things I've used up!


Thanks for reading!!



No comments:

Post a Comment