5.21.2014

review // 100% Pure Kelp & Mint Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner


So if you've been following me for a while then you'll know I'd been trying out the Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Shampoo & Conditioner in Drink it up Coconut Milk since February.  I purchased these after running out of my Carol's Daughter Shampoo & Conditioner (s&c).

Well, in a fit of spring cleaning a few weeks ago, I realized I had bought 100% Pure's Volumizing line in their Cyber Monday deal and stashed it away until I need it.... yeah, I know, that was back in November.  :\  Anyhow, since Brian has been using the Alba Coconut Milk s&c, I've moved on to these 100% Pure ones, using them every time I wash my hair since I (re)found them.


You may also know that I love my other 100% Pure makeup/skincare products, so naturally I was interested in trying their hair products as well.  These were actually only $10 each (originally $18) in that sale, so it was a no-brainer to give them a try.

Well, I am so glad that I did.  These volumizing s&c are all natural, smell fantastic and work great.  All things I [desperately] search for in hair products. 

PACKAGING

All of 100% Pure's shampoos & conditioners come in 8 oz. plastic squeeze tubes.  They seem substantial and sturdy.  I've been using them for weeks (leaving them in the shower) and they've been stowed away for a bit before that and I've noticed no leaking or cracking of the plastic.


 PRODUCT

 The Shampoo has a clear loose gel-like consistency and unlike a lot of other natural shampoos (without sulfates) it actually lathers fairly well, at least compared to a lot of others I've tried.  The conditioner has more of a milky gel-like consistency.  The website lists their key benefits:
+ 100% natural, 100% vegan, gluten free
+ For fortified, thicker hair
+ Gentle enough for color treated hair
+ Kelp helps to thicken and fortify hair and seaweed collagen boosts shine
+ All natural formula does not contain synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances, chemical preservatives, sulfates, detergents or any other harsh ingredients  
 I usually lather, rinse and repeat just to get rid of any hair product buildup.  After rinsing, my hair feels clean, but not straw-like or "squeaky".  Especially since using this line, I am able to go three days between washings (I still shower!), unless I vigorously workout, of course.  Then I apply the conditioner just from my ears to my ends.  After rinsing the conditioner out, my hair feels silky but not heavy.  They both smell like fresh mint, and it is wonderful... a great refreshing pick-me-up in the mornings.  I have highlights and have noticed that, so far, this combo does not strip or dull them.  And I don't know if they have made my hair actually thicker, but it definitely has more body and bounce than with other s&c I've used (even salon ones).


PRICING

$$ out of $$$
 I based this off of the original $18 price, which I think is a little high (for any s&c), so getting it at the special $10 price was great!  I hate to say it, but I would probably repurchase at the original price though, because I do love them so much.  And since I don't wash my hair every day they could likely last 5-6 months.  If that's so, it would definitely make it worth the price for me.


PURCHASING

Right now, you can only purchase 100% Pure cosmetics online or in there stores in California.  Ulta stores do carry some of their body products though.


 CONCLUSION

 There isn't anything bad I can say about this shampoo & conditioner.  I really love everything about it.... perhaps I've found a keeper?  ;)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment