2.18.2014

review // Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Shampoo & Conditioner - Drink It Up Coconut Milk


I'd been using my Carol's Daughter Shampoo & Conditioner for a while until I saw that my local Target was having a sale on their Alba Botanica products.  I was down to the last drips and drabs of my Carol's Daughter products and so I thought, why not give these a go?  I picked up the Drink It Up Coconut Milk shampoo & conditioner.

I've never specifically tried any Alba products before, but I've known that they were another company providing "natural, 100% vegetarian personal care products, [meaning they] DON'T use parabens, sulfates, or phthalates and don't test on animals."  Exactly what I search for in my beauty products. You can read more about Alba Botanica here.


PACKAGING

These shampoo & conditioner come in 12 oz. plastic bottles.  They seem substantial and sturdy...almost a bit too hard to squeeze.  But not impossible.  I've been using them for over 4 months (leaving them in the shower) and they don't leak and the plastic has had no issues with cracking....although the wrapper on the conditioner has wrinkled a bit.  I read on their website that their bottles are now 100% Post Consumer Resin, which greatly reduces their carbon emissions (perhaps that's why it's so sturdy?).

 PRODUCT

 The Shampoo has a clear loose, gel-like consistency and lathers okay.  Especially, compared to others I've tried.  The conditioner is white with more of a thick, creamy consistency.  The website lists their key benefits:

High in fatty acids and protein, coconut milk seals in moisture to strengthen and reduce split ends & breakage. Aloe, calendula and tropical oils nourish and protect from daily stress while also protecting from heat styling (conditioner).  

 I usually lather, rinse and repeat just to get rid of any hair product buildup.  After rinsing, my hair feels clean, but not straw-like or "squeaky".  Since this is a moisturizing formula and I have thin hair, I apply the conditioner just from my ears to my ends.  After rinsing the conditioner out, my hair feels silky not not heavy.  And after I style, my ends still feel moisturized.  But the BEST thing about this stuff is the SMELL.  Amazing.  They both smell like the most delicious piƱa colada you've ever had.  Or to me it smells just like our honeymoon in St. Lucia.  Their signature rum punch and the body care products in our suite smelled identical.  {SIGH}  So nice...


PRICING

$ out of $$$
 I based this off of the original $10.50 price, which I think is a great value since you get 12oz.  Me getting them for 15% off was just a bonus!


PURCHASING

You can purchase Alba Botanica on their website, at Target, most drugstores, amazon and many other health stores and websites.


 CONCLUSION

 I really liked this shampoo and conditioner and will probably continue to purchase it (mostly because I love the scent) but also as a nice moisturizing option between my other products.  I think it might be a bit too moisturizing for all the time on my fine hair, so maybe I'll try another line like their Body Builder Mango.  My selection was a bit limited and they didn't have this one at Target when I was there, but it sounds more up my alley.  

One thing is for sure, they ALL sounds like they smell glorious!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment