2.09.2013

Artsy Fartsy // Sketch #1


Anyone remember these gems I picked up at Jo-Ann Fabrics?

Well, I finally sat down the other day and put them to good use!  Okay, so maybe not good use, but use nonetheless...

I've done a handful of fine art projects over the past few years...sketching and acrylic paintings...but my skills are, honestly, quite a bit rusty.  My hope is to use these tiny artist pads to work on my skills and mainly to just be creative.  Because creating, especially through fine art, makes me happy in a way that other things don't.  (I think you crafty, artsy people out there know what I'm talking about...

The morale of this story is that I want to hold myself accountable to produce at least one artsy "lovely" (as my wonderful friend, Sara, deemed it) a month (if not more!).  And I will showcase them right here on my blog in a new feature I'm going to respectively call "Artsy, Fartsy".  

Hopefully, by doing this feature, it will effortlessly become a part of world again. 

So here's a look-see at my first sketch (I used 4B graphite and white charcoal pencils), that was inspired by Lexi's irresistible face, under bite and all!  I hope, like me, it makes you smile.







4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Katie, this truly is a "lovely" :)

    Lexi is such a cute pup and you capture her so well! More more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dana!! I'm hoping to paint something next..

      Delete