2.15.2013

Sadie, Sadie...


...Married Lady....  to be!!

That's right, folks...Brian and I are ENGAGED!  Ahhhhhh!

Anyone that knows us, knowing that we've been dating for almost 6 years, has been expecting this.  And, we've talked about it off and on for quite some time, but I did not expect it yesterday... especially during a rainy golf outing! Plus, it was Valentine's Day, which is so not his style, but his grandparent's wedding anniversary is Feb 14th (they just celebrated 71 years!) and he thought it'd be a nice tribute to them. It really was the best surprise and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Here's the story...


Brian has to request his time off for the year, the October before (horribly inconvenient, I know). Anyhow, among the days he randomly requested off for 2013 was Valentine's Day. I decided to take off as well, so we could go golfing together.  It's one of our most favorite things to do as a couple. So fun!  

Well, on Wednesday, we saw the weather report.  80% rain...not really the best conditions for golf.  This didn't change the next morning, but it seemed like it might let up, so off we went to Diamond Hill (very appropriate, don't you think).  For some reason, I wasn't my usually "I don't want to get wet, that sounds muddy and gross" self, and I really thought it would be fun. I should note, it wasn't pouring..just an off and on drizzle. 


We loaded up the cart, I donned Brian's Coast guard jacket (which was more like a waterproof dress) and off we went!

We played through Holes 1-4 pretty much like normal, although we took turns holding the umbrella over the clubs and cart to deflect the sprinkles. I should also mention that I haven't played in a couple months, but was doing surprisingly well in the wetness.. so it really was fun.


We approached hole 5 (where the restroom is), and anyone who knows me, knows I will never pass up the chance to "go". So we teed off and off I went, while Brian made his way up to the green.


When I came back I pitched my ball up to the green and proceeded to putt it in.  Brian was up by the hole holding the flag. My ball made it 3 feet from the hole, so I hit it again and it went in. After a small jump up and down (yes, I'm that guy..and darn proud of it), I went to reach in the hole for my ball, but saw this!

 I looked up at Brian, with my mouth wide open, just as he was getting down on one knee. I believe my words were, "What!? Now? Right now!?"  lol..funny, I know.


Well, he asked if I would and, of course, I said yes! **Kiss, kiss, hug hug**
 

Isn't it pretty?? #cantstoplookingatit #mesmerized


I think this very official picture really captures the foggy, rainy state of the day...even though it was blue skies and rainbows in my eyes!


We played through Hole 9, then left to get some lunch at Jimmy John's. In my opinion, a perfect finish!

:)



5 comments:

  1. Love this!!!

    Sooo happy for you guys!

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! I am so over the moon happy for you!!! Congrats! Your ring is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YAY! Congrats Katie!! What a cute engagement story :)

    ReplyDelete