2.04.2013

Fabulous Finds // Retro Pyrex Mixing Bowls


I really love a good find.... something about the thrill of the hunt (and all that jazz).

Most of the time, I can't just buy a random tchotchke from Target. I like things with a story and they have to speak to me... or at least be a trillion percent off and I'd be a fool not to find a home for it.  :)

Either way, I've decided to document and share these finds in a post series, called "Fabulous Finds". I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


So yesterday, I had the pleasure of doing a little antiquing with my lovely friend, Courtney.  I don't often get the chance to do so, so it was definitely a treat.

I got lucky and went home with a few gems, one of which was this awesome set of Autumn Harvest Mixing Bowls from Pyrex.  I really was in need of a set like this, since I do cook a lot (plus I think these would be excellent to mix up a batch of my homemade body scrub).  





  I did a little research, and found that this set came out in the late seventies, early eighties and is fairly popular.  They are a little roughed up, but honestly, I think that gives them character, and it doesn't effect their functionality one bit. 

I love that there are three sizes; 1.5 pint, 1.5 quart & 2.5 quart... perfect for all of my mixing needs.  I also love that these babies can go in the micro and the oven.  

Versatile?  Absolutely.

I also love the retro orange wheat pattern, but the best part is that I got the whole set for around $25.  Win, win!

Thanks, Courtney, for helping me pick them out!!  I can't wait to start mixin' up all sorts of good stuff!  

Carrot cake anyone??



 

2 comments:

  1. Katie,these are awesome! I love the shades of orange and wheat pattern!

    FABULOUS find for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! I used them for the first time yesterday, yay! :)

      Delete