1.27.2013

review // Nature's Beauty(works) Wet Cleansing & Make up Remover Towelettes



In my 10 Synthetic Cosmetic Ingredients to Avoid post, I briefly went through my all-natural morning and night skincare routine.  I also mentioned that I was in the search for a new cleansing towelette after finishing up my Ponds ones.  It took me awhile to find one that was natural and void of any synthetic ingredients, but I finally did!  

I've gone through the whole pack and thought it was time to share... and buy more!


 Nature's Beauty(works) is a brand of Global Beauty Care.  All of the ingredients are derived from natural or organically grown plants, flowers and sugars, so it is free of synthetic preservatives, SLS, fragrances, alcohol and parabens.  Yay!

 There are three types, ones for oily, sensitive and aging skin.  I chose the sensitive towelettes since I have dry, delicate, blemish prone skin.

The ingredients are:  Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside**, Organic Chamomile Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Organic Aloe Vera Extract*, Lavender Oil*, Vanilla Oil*, Patchouli Oil*, Allantioin*, Gluconolactone***, Sodium Benzoate***, Glycerin*.

*Plant Derived  **Sugar Derived  ***Naturally Derived
 
I was a little concerned when I found out it had chamomile as an ingredient.  For most people, chamomile has properties that sooth and regenerate itchy, flaky and dried out skin.  But since chamomile is part of the Asteraceae plant family, which includes ragweed, people with ragweed allergies may not be so lucky.  

I, unfortunately, suffer from seasonal allergies (that are starting right now..oh Springtime) and that includes oak pollen and (though I've never been formally tested) probably ragweed.  Well, I figured I'd give it a try and if any reaction started to occur I would stop immediately.  Fortunately, I got through the whole pack with no issues... so I say they're a keeper! 


 So how did they fare?

Well, the cloths remove all of my makeup, even mascara (I actually don't have to use my coconut oil eye makeup remover, when I use these wipes). They have a light flowery, herbal scent, that just smells clean.  I LOVE the packaging, with the plastic lid that securely closes, leaving you knowing your wipes won't dry out by the next time you use them.  The clothes themselves are a pretty good size about 5" x 7".  The biggest downside I found was that they were also a bit thin... I would have liked them to be a bit thicker... so I usually use mine folded in half.  Other than that, I really like these face towelettes.

I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond in their Face Values beauty section. I paid $3.99 for 30 towelettes (a bit steep) but with the 20% coupon they mail out, I actually paid just over $3.  The price point is the only other downside for me.  I wish it was less, but I will probably continue to purchase because it's the most natural towelette I've found, and using something without chemicals is important to me.  If your local BB&B doesn't have a Face Values section, you can also buy them online here.  

If any of you give them a try, let me know what you think!  Or if you've found another natural face cleaning towelette that you like, please feel free to share with us.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment