3.28.2013

Fabulous Finds // Market Colors Wooden Bracelet



Honestly, I didn't really find this fabulous thing, it was gifted to me. By my lovely sister, Dana. {Insert big cheesy smile here}

I'm not usually a bracelet girl, partly because I have baby wrists and all bracelets seem to just fly off haphazardly when I move or end up down by my elbow...okay, mostly because of this...but also partly because they annoy me. They just get in the way, ya know. You ladies with fellow baby wrists know what I mean.  

Anyhow, a couple weeks ago, Dana ordered one of these super cute, hand-made wooden bracelets from an organization called Market Colors, and ended up with two. Because she loooves me, she offered me the extra one.  I know, isn't she great!? {Insert another big cheesy smile here}  

Okay, sorry, that's the last time I'll do that.  

:D

"Market Colors, Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to mitigating financial hardships and improving the quality of life of the impoverished in Africa."

 They do this by promoting and selling handmade products made by craftsmen in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Malawi through their e-commerce website.  All of the surpluses are then reinvested back in Africa.  Their goal is to create thousands of sustainable jobs throughout the continent in order to equip and empower a group people who once knew no other way to provide for their families.  It's a great effort (one in which Dana was actually a part of!), feel free to read more about it here.

So, not only is my bracelet fashionable, sustainable and charitable... but the best part is that it's the only bracelet that doesn't annoy me. I wore it for an entire day at work and didn't have to fiddle with it or take it off, because it stayed in one place.  Amazing, right?  I'm sold!

Oh, I forgot the other best part..It's only $12! 

$12 for a one-of-a-kind, handmade item that helps people. What more could you ask for??  Get one too!

If you're not into bracelets, as I was, don't worry.. they have so many other awesome items to choose from...or just gawk at. Here are a few of my favs.  Enjoy!




 






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Katie! I'm so so glad you love it! It looks excellent on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfect. Fortunately, I found your website! Swarovski Jewellery Sets

    ReplyDelete