2.06.2014

fabulous finds // OPI Nail Polish for $ 1.80!!


 
Yes, you read it correctly.  

And the real thing too, not OPL, or OBI, or something weird where who knows where the heck it came from.

I didn't believe it right away either, but it's true and it made me look like an 8 year old girl in the Barbie aisle... or a 20-something woman in Ulta?... anyhow, there was definitely some hopping around and high pitched squealing going on.


I found this amazing, FABULOUS find the other night when Brian and I stopped in our local Big Lots store after a dinner out.  I thought it'd be a fun, cost effective, adventure... plus a bit of exercise after the fried calamari we ate.  It really was.  We mosied through the car and toy sections, picked up almost half a dozen movies, each only about $4, some new toothbrushes and a doggy toy.  THEN.  There they were, just sitting on the shelf in the beauty aisle, glistening away.  I would have taken a picture of the container they were in, like a bucket full of jewels, but honestly I was a little overwhelmed.  There were about 10 different shades, all for only $1.80 each.  Say whaaaaat?!  These are normally $9.50 at Sephora.  [Stares wide-eyed, with mouth open]


Sooo, I picked up these three glitters.  G-listen to Your heart is a pink-tinted clear polish with different sized bits of fushia glitter, Only Gold for Me is a clear polish with different sized bits of gold glitter and then Spark-tacular! is clear polish with an overload of multi-colored glitter bits (it reminds me of party confetti).  They had other colors, a bright pink, lavender, dark blue, some taupe hues & a small set with base and top coat, plus a color and remover... but I don't have anything like these in my collection, so they really needed to come home with me.  ;)

I haven't yet tried them out, except for a sample swipe on one nail, but the first two look like they'd be great over another color or as just an accent on the tips of your nails.  Spark-tacular!  looks like it could also be layered over a color, but I think it could definitely stand alone, as well.

Now, in my research, I found out that Sephora by OPI is being distributed nationwide to ALL Big Lots locations.  I guess that means it'll be a regular on their shelves for right now.  Of course inventory can vary from store to store, so go get out there and check out what fabulous finds your local Big Lots is stocking.

Happy polishing!




No comments:

Post a Comment