12.18.2013

beauty haul // Sephora VIB 20% off Event



Once a year, Sephora offers a 20% off sale to its' VIB members.  I've been a Beauty Insider for several years now, which also offers many perks, but this year I gained VIB status. (Check out how to become a part of Sephora's rewards programs here).  Many of the things at Sephora are quite costly, so I decided to take advantage of the promotion and get some things I've been wanting to try...for less!

Over the summer, while searching for wedding makeup, I dabbled in Tarte Cosmetics and became hooked.  If you've been following me, then you know I have a passion for natural beauty products and Tarte seems to fit the bill.  They claim to be 'high-performance naturals™, formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate and gluten.  Well, I don't know what took me so long to try this line, 
but I'm glad I did.

Here's a bit of background on the brand, from their website...
 
"Today Tarte is a leader in healthy, eco-chic beauty, offering cruelty-free cosmetics infused with skinvigorating™ ingredients like superfruit and plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients. But it’s not just about what’s in our powerful formulas; it’s what’s not in them that really sets us apart! All of our products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten, just to name a few. Ingredients are absolutely important to me, but so are formulas that perform.

We [also] care about the environment, so we continue to support cooperatives in the Rainforest and develop sustainable components that can often be re-used to help reduce environmental waste. "

Love it!

Everything I bought during the VIB sale was from Tarte, except for the Beauty Blender (that'll be another post!).  


 I snagged Tarte's The Tarte of Giving set, Thoughtful Treasures set, Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 and the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer.  I've already been using the BB tinted moisturizer and concealer (reviews to come), but thought that getting the two sets would be a fantastic, and cost effective, way to try out some of their other products.  

Below is a preview of the Tarte of Giving set.  I'll be posting a Review & Swatches of it in the next week or so.  Unfortunately, I can't find this on Sephora.com or Tarte.com, but there may still be a couple in your local Sephora stores, if they haven't been snatched up yet!  Either way, I'll still review it becasue the products inside are still available.  :)  And awesome!


I've already been using these gems in my daily routine and so far.... I really love it all!  
I can't wait to share all of the details.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment