1.21.2014

current obsession // makeup vanities!


source

Remember this, Ladies? 

Believe it or not, I still have the Caboodle I had as a child.  Yes, that's right, in all of it's clear turquoise glittery glory.  It was part of the special "Jellies" Caboodle Collection and it. was. awesome.  I'll save you from a picture, because let's be honest, it's seen better days...  I guess I keep it as a nostalgic reminder of happy times in my childhood.  It's the place where I stored my first makeup gems, and I think that was a special thing for me.

Nowadays, girls are creating fabulous large scale versions of the Caboodle... and guess what?  They're called vanities!  Of course, this is not a new idea... women have had makeup vanities for centuries... but for some reason, I've missed out on this phenomenon.  Well, not anymore!  I really want one and it's all I've been obsessing about lately....

I thought sharing some of my favorites with you would be fun.  :)

vanity.
source

Small desk with mirror! (Store make-up!) Cover with pictures and vases.
source

turn a desk into a vanity by adding a mirror above and two small side tables
source

Master Bedroom- I love this vanity table.. the no-fuss straight edges and the mirror. Really works.
source

i need somewhere to sit and do my makeup
source

Vintage Dressing Room With Chic Vanity Desk
source

Toronto-based interior designer, Laura Stein's work -- I think it'd be cool to have a special nook like this to apply my makeup in every day.
source

Gorgeous bedroom vanity composed of Ikea Songe Mirror over Ikea Malm Dressing Table paired with Ikea Tobias Chair. Make-up vanity filled with Ikea Salong Vase, Ikea Dimmig Vase and Ikea Skimmer Candlestick.
source

Isn't this the cutest idea if you're short on space??
Short on space, big on glamour. Use a EKBY ALEX/ EKBY VALTER shelf to create your dream makeup station.
source

Maybe I'll go with a vintage or Mid-Century modern vibe...

I am looking for something JUST like this for my bedroom. I want a place to do my hair and makeup - at least I would do my hair and makeup if I had this. :)
source

Danish Mid Century Modern Teak Dressing Table Vanity
source

Diseños femeninos, liberty y papiroflexia | tránsito inicial | Look around!
source

Or check out these sleek contemporary options....

Makeup vanity for master bath
source

Princess Dressing table was designed by Olgoj Chorchoj for Czech company Process
source

Honestly, I would love a set up in front of the window to capture the natural lighting, these options would make that easy....

Wood Tiled Vanity
source

Amazing idea for a vanity - I love how this mirror is attached to the window trim. I think this would be the ideal place to get ready for my day. I'd love to put on my make-up in a room filled with natural light.
source

Narrow-Leg Vanity
source

Woah.  Total lady-cave. Maybe a smidgen less pink, but yes, please!

Pink Room | phowi - inspiring picture on Favim.com
source

Well, I do have a space with a window, so all that's left is for me to convince Brian to help me rearrange the guest room, find the vanity of my dreams (or make it!), and lug it up three flights of stairs.  That last one might take a bit of persuading, but I think it sounds promising, right?!




No comments:

Post a Comment