1.10.2014

review // Tarte - The Tarte of Giving Set - PART II

If you missed { PART I }, check it out here.  

But now on to { PART II }.  :)


PRODUCTS


This limited edition eyeshadow palette is broken down into 4 sections with 5 shades in each section. The colors in each section can be used together to create looks from natural to dramatic, and you can mix between sections for a unique look all your own (I tend to do this option). The shadows have a creamy velvet texture that glides on smoothly and evenly, and are very easy to blend. The pigmentation is great, except for Bianca's Coloring Book*.  It's a pale, matte pink and I feel like it just disappears when applied no matter how much I layer on.  But the rest are amazing.  It has 8 matte shades and 12 satin/shimmer shades, and included are some basics, but also some trendy colors... like rose gold, copper, bronze & cobalt.  The staying power on these are great and they wear a long time without creasing or fading.  I do wear them over a base or primer though, so I'm not sure how they hold up without. From other reviews I've read, pretty well, it seems.  I've listed the colors & descriptions of the shades below, and I've highlighted my favs.


Top Left - Quad 1 (L to R, then long skinny shade)
Kim’s Porcelain Doll – Frosty White with Blue Micro-glitter
Jen’s Jump Rope – Matte Medium Dark Cool Grey
Scott’s Skate Board – Cool Navy Blue with Cobalt Blue Micro-glitter
Staci’s Charm Bracelet – Metallic Silver Shimmer
Nuria’s Boombox – Matte Black

Top Right - Quad 2 (L to R, then long skinny shade)
Leah’s Locket – Metallic Gold Shimmer
Candace’s Tap Shoes – Matte Dark Neutral Brown
Ally’s Bicycle – Metallic Taupe with Silver Micro-glitter
Maureen’s Soccer Ball – Medium Bronze Brown with Copper Shimmer
Claire’s Cashmere Gloves – Medium Frosty Sage Green with Silver Micro-glitter

Bottom Left - Quad 3 (L to R, then long skinny shade)
Steph’s Pearls – Frosty White with a Pink Undertone
Jess’s Storybook – Frosted Mauve Pink
Erica’s Dollhouse – Frosted Rose Gold
Meredith’s Hula Hoop – Matte Medium Dusty Plum
Sam’s Ice Skates – Dark Grey with a Purple Micro-glitter

Bottom Right- Quad 3 (L to R, then long skinny shade)
*Bianca’s Color Book -  Matte Cream with a Pink Undertone
Anna’s Tea Set – Frosty Champagne
Daniel’s Teddy Bear – Matte Medium Warm Brown
Tom’s Stuffed Tiger – Shimmer Copper
Kate’s Puppy – Matte Chocolate Brown



And finally, 8 limited edition lip glosses come with this set.  Tarte doesn't have gloss like this in their line, so I was really intrigued to try these out.  There are a variety of pink and red tones, some with shimmer.  The size of each (about 2.5" long) is great for travel or popping into your purse. They are richly pigmented, not too sticky and last for several hours.  I've noticed that when they wear off it isn't splotchy, which is nice, and they don't suck the moisture out of my lips.  Most others glosses make me feel like I need to apply chapstick when they wear off, but I feel like these actually moisturize my lips.  They have a doe-foot applicator which makes application easy and mess free.  They glide on smooth and almost melt into my lips, giving it a stain-gloss look.  I really love the minty smell and the slight tingle on my lips (my favorite lip products are usually those that come with a cooling sensation).  I've listed the names and description of the colors below, and again, I've highlighted my favs. 


 Finn – Mauve Pink
John – Bright Tomato Red
Ro – Pinky Nude
Kam – Mauve Pink with Gold & Silver Shimmer
Viv – Bubblegum Pink with Gold Shimmer
Sully – Berry/ Rosy Plum
Spence – Peachy/Pink with Silver Shimmer


PRICING

$ out of $$$

For the original price of $59, it's an amazing value for everything you get.  Keep in mind, if you find this set somewhere besides Sephora the price may be different/higher.


PURCHASING

I believe this set was a Sephora exclusive, so it was only available there and on Tarte.com.  It has since disappeared from both websites, but you may be able to find it in a Sephora store, if they still have it.  Otherwise, I've found it on Amazon and ebay.


CONCLUSION

Overall, I LOVED this set and all it's parts.  I loved the value and the range of products you get to try.  All of the deluxe minis from { PART I } I will most probably be keeping in my beauty routine, becasue they not only have good ingredients, but they work!



I was not, in any way, paid for this review, by Tarte or any other affiliate. 
I purchased every product myself and decided to share to help others find a bit of direction in their own natural beauty journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment